At Granite State College, we work to integrate your academic experience with your career goals. We achieve this in two primary ways:
Meet with a Certified Career Counselor for an individual advising session. Learn how to use self-assessment tools to reveal the types of work environments and careers that are best suited for you.
Learn about available internships, practicums and capstone courses that are part of your degree program and connected to your career goals.
CAREER SERVICES NEWS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
Lunchtime Phone Appointments
Don't have time to meet with Career Services during your busy workday? Schedule a lunch break phone conversation instead and get a head start on your next career move. Use the Request an Appointment link to the right to set up your appointment today.
Our Latest Tips and Advice:
- Tips for Acing Your Next Interview
- Career Good Karma
- 12 Steps to Optimizing Your LinkedIn Profile
- Future Focused: Resume Writing for Career Changers
- Seeking Job Satisfaction? Find your Work Values
- 4 Career Boosting Activities to Complete While Earning Your Degree
- 5 Steps to an Impactful Cover Letter
- Great Resume Writing Starts Here: The Do's and Don'ts
- 5 Steps to Finding Work You'll Love: Career Planning Tips
- A Key That Opens a Specific Door: Customize that Resume!
- Using Social Media to Benefit Your Job Search
- Why YOU Need Career Services
Did you know that GSC offers events, info sessions, workshops, lecture series and more? Check out our events calendar to keep up to date on in-person and virtual events at GSC.
Virtual Resume and Cover Letter Workshop
Thursday March 1 | 4:00 - 5:00 PM
Join us to learn how to create job search documents that will get results!
You'll learn how to:
- Format two different resume styles and learn when to use each
- Use action words to describe your skills and accomplishments
- Customize various elements in your cover letter for each position
- Techniques to tailor your resume and cover letter for each position
Hiring Practices in Education
Tuesday March 6 | 4:00 - 5:00 PM | Concord and Virtual
Gain tips from our panel of teachers, administrators and alumni about navigating the hiring process within education.
- Hiring practices
- Resume and interview tips
- How to leverage a digital portfolio in the hiring process
- Advice on how to move into/advance in the field
- The most valuable mindsets and traits of beginning educators
Career Exploration: NH AmeriCorps
Wednesday March 14 | 4:00 - 5:00 PM | Concord and Virtual
Join us to learn about a variety of AmeriCorps programs that allow you to give back to your local community, earn an AmeriCorps Education Award to pay for college or graduate school expenses and learn new skills and competencies for your resume.
Granite State College is committed to helping you advance in your chosen field. The college offers a variety of resources to assist in career development, including:
- General Career Counseling
- Career Assessments
- Networking and Social Media
- Educational Major Decision Making
- Resume and Cover Letter Review
- Job Search Tips
- Mock Interviews/Interview Prep
- Occupational Research
- Grad School Decisions
- Career Planning and Goal Setting
Find a list of helpful online tools from career assessments and advice, to portfolio and resume builders, to occupational research and job search links.
Find a list of employer-direct job opportunities, internships, hiring events and more.
CAREER DEVELOPMENT AND LIFE PLANNING (APST 505)
This two-credit course, appropriate for all degree programs, addresses the particular concerns of adults at various stages of career development. Students will discover the conditions that guide career planning decisions and give shape to individual careers. Topics covered include interest and skill assessment, job search skills and resume development.
Internships, practicums, and integrative capstone courses integrate your coursework with your career.
Whether your program requires one of these courses, or if you’re simply interested in enriching your academic experience, Granite State College is excited to help you explore these options.
Reach out to your advisor or contact the Experiential Learning Manager in Academic Affairs for more information.