Granite State College is committed to supporting the welfare of its students, faculty, staff, and visitors by providing a safe and secure learning environment.
Local Police Departments Links:
|*For all emergencies, DIAL 911*|
|Claremont Police:||542-9538||Manchester Police:||668-8711|
|Concord Police:||225-8600||Nashua Police:||594-3500|
|Conway Police:||356-5715||Portsmouth Police:||427-1500|
|Lebanon Police:||448-8800||Rochester Police:||330-7127|
Granite State College Alerts
Granite State College participates in the University of New Hampshire's emergency notification system (UNH Alert). UNH Alert is a system that allows students, faculty, and staff to receive a message in the event of an emergency. These brief messages can be sent directly to your e-mail or cell phone, and will notify members of the college community about:
- weather-related cancellations at our regional and academic campuses.
- emergency situations that may affect students, faculty, and staff.
- curtailed operations at the College resulting from an urgent circumstance.
The designated public media source for Granite State College cancellation information is WMUR TV and its website. Faculty and students will be notified by public broadcast on WMUR TV and on WMUR's website. WMUR's information is also posted automatically at NHPR.
- Regional Campuses may choose to notify through additional media outlets at their judgment.
- Notifications will also be announced using Roam Secure Emergency Alert System.
Weather Cancellation Process
- Closing the Academic or Administrative Campuses, or cancelling classes will be done conservatively. Closures and course cancellations will only occur due to severe weather conditions.
- Students, faculty, and staff are personally responsible for their own safety and must exercise good judgment when making traveling choices in winter weather. The College advises them not to travel if they believe they are putting themselves in harm's way.
- Faculty is encouraged to be flexible with students who can not attend due to inclement weather. Faculty members are required to contact their hiring administrator in Academic Affairs if they can’t safely travel to campus.
- Decisions to close or delay opening of the Academic or Administrative Campuses will be made no later than 6:30 a.m. Decisions to cancel evening classes will be made no later than 3:00 p.m.
To meet the requirements of the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act of 1998, GSC publishes a yearly Annual Security Report. To learn more about crime statistics and relevant safety issues please read the report.
Code of Conduct
"Membership in society implies minimal norms for civil behavior towards one another. It is our expectation that all members of our college community treat faculty, staff, and fellow learners with respect."
Respect is the center of this policy statement. Disrespectful, intimidating, or inappropriate behaviors are not acceptable at Granite State College and should be reported as soon as possible. This policy applies to the entire Granite State College community including staff, faculty, students, visitors, vendors, etc.
If in your judgment a member of our community's conduct is disrespectful, please discuss the incident with a Granite State College staff member at your earliest convenience.